Friday, March 19, 2010

IT'S ALMOST SUNDAY!!

Good afternoon, it is a glorious day in Cape Town. I need to see a sunset but will have to wait until after the conference. There is too much to do right now.

 Life is chaotic but I see light at the end of the tunnel and it is definitely the lights at the Giggling Gourmet Cooks Playground......things are on track, the goodie bags are being stuffed as I write this. Bring shopping bags to re-inforce your goodie bags guys!! They are FULL to brimming with delightful goodies............and there is still more waiting at the venue.....I should have gone with bigger bags!!


Thank you to my two fairies Chez and Siobhan for the help today and my little elf Tyler, you have been great. Jay....you were a handful and the hardest worker of all hehe...you deserved this rest


I have got to say the biggest THANK YOU to my all my awesome awesome SPONSORS!! When I first caught the vision of this conference I only had in mind finding somewhere to have it and inviting bloggers...I had one speaker, Cooksister. But then it found a life of it's own and the rest as they say is history. Or it will be by the end of Sunday evening and each and every one of you sponsors have been amazing. I am so grateful!! This conference is going to ROCK. Can you all feel my excitement? You should be....

Here are a few more sponsors logo's. I have not got them all but couldn't wait any longer to post this blog.

Jenny, how can I ever thank you enough for all that you have done and are doing for me and this conference?? You amaze me, your energy is never ending and your enthusiasm is contagious. The food sounds as though it is going to be absolutely fantastic, and to add to all the help you have sponsored a prize for two very very fortunate delegates

A COOKING COURSE AT THE COOKS PLAYGROUND!!!! WOW!! Thank you!!!

And she has been calling on her contacts and has even got a couple of pamper sessions to give away!!

Gosh, these folk have also been amazing.....together with Taste Magazine and the 3 Jamie dvds we also have Eat Out Magazines and some fab bottles of wine. And a surprize at the end of the day!!!!!! No, don't ask me what it is, I have no cooking clue :o) And thank you Nadia for all the advice and assistance. So much appreciated!!


Thank you to Cathy from the NUT VENDOR for the snackies.....hmmmmmm


Some fabulous meals from Sauls........thank you!!!

Wonderful cheeses from Parmalat - thank you!!


I know that there is also a lovely voucher as a prize from SPAR
And I also know that Nina is cooking something up her sleeve that she won't tell me....all I know is it has something to do with photography!!

Willow Creek have donated some of their products for each goodie bag. Thank you Willow Creek!!!

To my friend Nina from My Easy Cooking and Nina's Kitchen
thank you so very much for the lovely goodie bags, for the printing, for all the help. I know how busy you are and I hope the church camp goes very well for the kids. Thank you for fitting me into your hectic schedule! MWAH!
You forgot to give me your logo Nins.....please everyone go back over the posts and see all the sponsors logos. Aren't they a great bunch??

To those who are travelling to Cape Town for the event - drive carefully, fly well and be safe.
Jeanne, no jet lag please, I need you on top form for the day hehe!!!


All that remains for me to say is SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY!!!
I dont know about you but I cannot wait...........we are going to learn so much and have a LOT of fun

To the those who are not attending. We will be back next year to rock your world!!
Looking forward very much to meeting and greeting you all,
Colleen xx

Please note that there will not be coffee or tea available at the venue..if you are a java fanatic you will have to use the 15 minute breaks to pop over to Cape Quarter for a take away :o)

7 comments:

Chez on March 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM said...

Looking forward to all! A bonus to our visit back in the awesome Cape x

Kit on March 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM said...

This is sounding so amazing, Colleen - you've done an amazing job. I can't wait!

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) on March 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

wow, the bags look awesome :)

Janice Tripepi on March 20, 2010 at 5:20 AM said...

Only one more sleep - verrry excited to meet all of you xxx jan

Sophia Lindop on March 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM said...

It's Monday and I wanted to thank everyone for blowing life back into my blog at the first ever Food Bloggers' Conference in Cape Town yesterday! Thank you to all the sponsors - such fun unpacking that very heavy goodie bag!

Tokeloshe on March 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

Congratulations!

I'm sure it was a blast.

Take care.
Hugs,
Tok

Mistoffelees on March 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM said...

Well done!

Big Hug.
Mis

 

My Blog List

Site Info

Followers